Saturday 21 April 2012

Covet.


I love jewellery.

After watching “Elizabeth Taylor: Auction of a Lifetime” on Channel 4 earlier in the week I had a wave of inspiration to start my own blog.

The programme covered a selection of Liz’s gems which were going up for auction and the stories behind her acquisition of them. For the show’s duration I was wowing and gasping with delight. I fell in love over and over again.

The sweet 91 year old Mickey Rooney commented, “I have always thought that if a woman is beautiful she doesn’t need anything but her beauty”. Although a charming sentiment, I beg to differ (sorry Mickey).

Some may be of the opinion that jewellery is superficial and whilst I’m not saying that jewellery is the most important aspect of a woman’s life, a beautiful necklace, a sparkly ring or breathtaking earrings can make us feel glamorous and confident. They can transform the dullest outfit into something enchanting.

Russian oligarchs and Chinese billionaires apparently snapped up the most expensive pieces of Taylor’s jewellery. Us mere mortals can only dream of owning them, but that doesn’t mean that a necklace which costs a few pounds can’t make us feel like a Hollywood icon for a night.





S xxx

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous! I agree that jewelry can add so much to a woman's beauty! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting on my first post :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i accidentally deleted your comment as i'm new to this but i'd love to know what you said :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Elizabeth Taylor very nice woman.
    I like your blog
    My blog for cinema fans
    This is Cinema
    I am waiting.
    Elizabeth Taylor Page
    Elizabeth Taylor Page

    ReplyDelete