Tuesday 7 January 2014

Winter beauty essentials.

When it comes to winter, my hair and skin need a lot more looking after. They both feel a lot more dry than they do in summer so I have to up the ante with lotions and potions. 





  1. Vichy Dercos Technique Nourishing Reparative Conditioner for Dry Damaged and Brittle Hair -  available from Pharmacy At Hand. I have used my GHD's and curling irons a lot more than usual over Christmas so I really have to look after it in order to keep it healthy. This conditioner has been developed to reinforce cohesion of the cuticles and give fibres a protective covering thus giving soft and smooth healthy hair. I often find reparative conditioners better than the shampoo versions as they don't make the roots of your hair greasy but nourish the lengths.
  2. Body Shop mango body butter - This is one of my all time favourite beauty products.  You can use it all over your body but I particularly like using it on my hands as they can get dry and sore during winter time. The scent is also lovely and I've bought it in different size pots - a huge one sits in my bedroom whilst I have a mini tub in my bag.
  3. Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream - This cream is simply amazing and you can read my full review on it here. It really keeps skin hydrated in winter time and although it's called 'day cream', I'll let you in on a little secret. I prefer to smother it on before bedtime so it has the chance to sink into my skin whilst I'm asleep and without me having to put make up on straight afterwards. This leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth when I wake up. Mine has nearly ran out so I'll be repurchasing it soon.
Have you got any winter beauty secrets you can share with me?

1 comment:

  1. Y E S. That body butter is literally perfection.

    stop by sometime(:

    xx Shirley
    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete