Saturday 22 September 2012

♡ Banana and chocolate muffins ♡

For my brother's birthday, instead of a birthday cake, I thought I'd bake banana and chocolate muffins. They were delicious (even if I do say so myself) so I thought I'd share the recipe with any of you baking goddesses.



Ingredients


  • 3 banana ripe or over ripe
  • 125 ml vegetable oil
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 100 grams soft light brown sugar
  • 225 grams Plain flour
  • chocolate chips OR milk chocolate broken up OR nutella
  • 1 teaspoon(s) bicarbonate of soda

Method


  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with papers. Don’t worry about getting special papers: regular muffin cases will do the job.
  2. Mash the bananas by hand or with a freestanding mixer.Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar.
  3. Mix the flour, chocolate chips and bicarb together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared papers. Only fill the cases so that they are half full.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.
  5. Enjoy....


Ps. My top is from Warehouse and my necklace see here.


    Sophi 

♡♡♡♡

15 comments:

  1. Yumm! Banana chocolate is one of my favourite muffin combination. Orange chocolate chunk is amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and sound amazing-really wanna try this now x

    www.hiboufashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yum! I'm no good with an oven so I think I'll leave it to the experts lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the recipe, they look so yummy! :) Oh and im a new follower of your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love cooking and i will definitely try them ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so delicious! and I love you outfit aswell! :)

    http://taraalexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look amazing! Banana and chocolate go together so well, yum! <3 xx

    coldknees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy these are one of my favourite muffins :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy! I must try this!

    Would you be interested in exchanging links? Please let me know :)
    http://blackandvanilla.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I might have to try this at the weekend!

    New follower! www.mypinkpyjamas.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum they look super yummy I def have to have a try xxx
    Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours - gorgeous pics! And your style is awesome. These muffins also look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete